Monday, February 9, 2009

More Passport Adventures....

And I, friends, must provide a minor correction. Though according to the Passport people (and Katie) my picture might be "perfect on the first try," the actual photo speaks an entirely different language. AKA: hair sticking out on top on one side and on the bottom on the other side. Anyone not understanding how utterly ridiculous this looks (in combination with the depressed "I hate you, but I'm not a terrorist" look), can come find me and ask to see my photo. It's pretty amusing.

My own journey towards applying for a passport has been one with some minor heart stoppages but nothing too life-threatening. I am referring to the moment, over Christmas Break, where I asked my mom where my Canadian citizenship card was (because I am not a native Canadian). She searched for it among all of her and dad's important papers twice and could not find it, resulting in questions such as "am I an illegal immigrant?" or "how have I lived in Canada for twenty-two years but not be Canadian?" or "will I be deported back to Belize?" ...and then my mom responding to the latter question: "would that be so bad? At least it would be warm down there!" Indeed, mom, it would be....but it wouldn't be quite the type of travelling I had in mind....

Long story short, the card was found and, with my Belizean passport and citizenship card in hand, I was able to fill out my application for a Canadian passport, get my photos taken and I am officially sending it all off tomorrow....or the day after (you know--the life of a student)....

And then me and the lovely Katie will be doing our job applications--as she has already mentioned in her post. However, I am a little behind her in that arena and should be looking up some of the sites myself!!

Until my next update folks, cheerio!

*Jenz*

1 comment:

  1. You're funny, Jenn!! You'll fit right in!

    Cheerio!

    And I, of course, will see you there!! Muwhahaha. I will bring you kool-aid, but really... I am the kool-aid. I come at times when people need aiding in the "kool" department. For this purpose, I have been chosen to go to Korea! Teaching English is a cover-up mission!

    Jacob

    ReplyDelete