Sunday, February 8, 2009

Recruitment Agencies and Passport Pictures

It's becoming increasingly difficult to decide which recruitment agency to apply with... there are so many options. Park English has been recommended to me a few times, as has ASKnow and Sky's Center . They all have their pros and cons - Park English is a pretty well known and established company, ASKnow is Canadian and has some pretty solid references and credentials, and Sky (the lady who runs Sky's Center), is apparently a lovely Christian woman who is very helpful (according to some friends over in Korea).

Whichever one I (we) choose to go with promises to be an important gateway for our adventure.

We're nearing the date of applications - for both recruiters and passport people. I have set the record for the number of pictures taken and rejected by the Shopper's passport people. Apparently my forehead shines too much to be taken seriously by Passport Canada. After 3 attempts and two trips to the make-up counter to 'tone down my inner glow', I was ready. The flash snapped, and there it was. My passport picture - in all it's pride and glory. Too bad the crazy thing looks so depressing. I wish they'd let you smile.

As a sidenote - Jen's picture turned out 'perfect' on her first try :) Way to be photogenic my friend!

~*~Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment