Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Change of Plans!!

Ok, folks....so for once I have the presence of mind to post up on this wall a little about where we find ourselves at today!
So, on Sunday night I received a call from our lovely contact at ParkEnglish informing me that she had "good news and bad news, which I wanted first??" ...so of course, I said the bad news. Turns out the teachers we were to be replacing at LCI had decided to renew their contracts....which meant the positions were no longer open to Katie and I. I was taking this setback rather well, understanding that I still had some good news to hear. So then she informs me that they had found a replacement school for us....After getting off the phone with her, I immediately contacted Katie and we proceeded to look at the school's website, etc and the best part is: we are getting more positive vibes off of this opportunity than we were with the previous school (not that LCI was giving us bad vibes!)....so in terms of salary, it is a tad lower I think (? Katie, enlighten us all if you know something I don't!), but the hours are not as overwhelming as they would have been at LCI. The area of Bundang looks fabulous and nature-y and is right on a subway line to Seoul! The apartments also look pretty inviting--Katie and I will most likely be sharing a 2 bedroom aptm....
Now came the hard part: the catch with the positions was that they had different start dates: one at the end of June and the other in mid July...so we had to decide who would go it alone for a few weeks and through various factors we arrived at MOI! So in the relative time frame from now till then, I have major VISA application work that needs to be done!!!

Well, we have received our contracts (I am waiting to hear back from my sisters who have both been to Korea to teach and are offering their help by looking over the contract for possible downsides, etc) and will be going for our police record checks tomorrow as far as I know (as well as handing in our requests for transcripts sometime this week)....so things are beginning to pick up the pace!

*Jenz*

PS. On a funnier note: I had a crazy short little dream. I was at home and suddenly realized that my flight was leaving at 9 pm (please note that in the dream it was 830 and since I live an hour and a bit away from the airport there was no way I was making my flight) and I still was not packed nor did I have luggage within which to pack everything. So my sister, who was supposed to drive me, whips out her luggage from underneath the bed (random!), tells me to throw all my clothes into a garbage bag and pack it all into the luggage bags on the way to the airport...so then we are in the car and realize all of a sudden that my flight wasn't going to leave until the following morning!!!
OK, so we are going to hope and PRAY that this doesn't actually happen but something tells me it won't because I'm the type of person who packs three weeks in advance, especially with a big thing like this...anyhow, just thought it was funny how stressed I felt in the dream. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for Kate and Jenz!!
    I'm so excited for you guys ... and I hope y'all learn from Jen's dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... um, Jen. The flight left yesterday ;)

    ReplyDelete