Monday, July 6, 2009

Segment #2 of the Continuing Broadcast (wink, wink Katie)

Hello Everyone from little Bundang in Korea!
So the sad news is that I just wrote a nice long blog but my internet quit working so I lost the whole thing :S.... so this will be a shorter one.

So the school, GDA Junior, is eight storeys (yes, that's right, EIGHT storeys): Three are sub-levels (underground) including parking, swimming pool and something else (not sure). Then the ground floor is reception are and bus pick-up/drop-off. Floors 2-4 are classrooms and floor 5 is the teacher's lounge/staff area and gymnasium.

All of the classrooms are named after cities (Montreal, Seattle, Ottawa, etc) which is kind of confusing at first until you realize that they are arranged in alphabetical order. The classrooms are fairly small, given the fact that the cap for class size is 10 students. There is, thankfully, air conditioning in all the rooms ... much needed!!

The teacher's lounge area is pretty nice...everyone gets their own desk. Mine has a class cover on it so I put photos underneath it so now lovely and beloved faces look up at me all the time :) ...
There are two photocopiers, a printer, one wall of bookshelves filled with textbooks/lesson plan ideas/handouts/craft supplies and four computers.

Anyways, this is not a long one...I'm pretty wiped, as per usual....I hope this gives some idea of where I work and where Katie will be working in just under 2 weeks! :D

Peace and Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment