Monday, July 6, 2009

Segment #2 of this Broadcast (wink, wink, Katie!) - The Deleted Edition :)

Hahahhaa, Jen, I found your previous post in our 'drafts' :) Here it is everyone:

Hello everyone, all the way from Little Bundang in Korea! As promised, here is the next installment of the Korea First Impressions series. :) Enjoy!


So the school, GDA Junior, is a 8 storey structure (yes, EIGHT storeys): 5 are above ground and 3 are sublevels (the lowest one is parking, then a swimming pool, and then something else--not sure). The first floor is the reception area and also where the kids get on the buses. Then floors 2-4 are classrooms and the fifth floor is the teacher's lounge/staff room and gymnasium. So yes, dear friends, that means five flights of stairs....or you could take the elevator ;) ....so far I have tried the stairs as often as I can but humidity and strenuous exercise and teaching rambunctious kids does not always make for the best mixture. Just take it from me...that and the fact that my apartment building has no elevator and I live on the 3rd floor....yeah. I get my exercise...haha!


So anyways, each of the classrooms is named after a city (Seattle, Montreal, Denver, etc)....which is kinda confusing until you realize they go according to alphabetical order. The kindergarten classrooms are kinda small but equipped with air conditioning! :) The other classrooms are a much better size...The staff room is quite large....all the teachers have their own desks and there are four computers for lesson planning, etc (plus, we are allowed using them to check email and such if we are not busy or no one needs them for school business), there are two photocopiers and a printer.....plus shelves full of lesson plan ideas/handouts/textbooks/craft supplies. I have to say I love having my own desk. It has a glass cover that I have slid some photos underneath so I have lovely and beloved faces looking up at me all the time....I also have a little shelving unit for my curriculum books...

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe my Kate will be in that staff room soon :)

    ReplyDelete